Thursday, December 22, 2011

How long is the statute of limitations (if there is one) on a ticket in Florida?

I got a ticket for running a stop sign about 15 days ago. I tried to pay it the next day and the clerk told me to call back after 10 days because it takes time for the ticket to go into their system. So i called back after ten days and there is still no record of it. She told me to keep calling back until the citation number is in their system so I can pay it, but I'm kind of hoping that through some sort of unbelievable luck I've slipped through some tiny crack and will not have to pay this ticket? So if there is a statue of limitations on a citation (which I don't think there is but I'm not sure) how long is it? What would you all suggest I do, if I don't have to pay it I don't wanna be the guy who could've gotten away with it who walked into the courthouse and paid 200 dollars when he didn't have to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment